Friday, April 2, 2010

Want to make yourself heard, officially?

I thought it was time to start putting some information on here about the legal options for people who have had bad outcomes from ETS surgery.

In brief, your options are:

-Make a complaint to the Health and Disability Commissioner

-Make a 'Treatment Injury' claim to ACC

-Take your surgeon to court

Click here for links to information on 'How to Complain About a Doctor' and 'How to be Aware of and Enforce Your Rights as a Patient'.

I will add more on this topic later.

For now, know that there are options available to you, and as ACC recently informed me, at least seven people right here in New Zealand have already made treatment injury claims in relation to their sympathectomy surgeries. Six of these seven claims were accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment